We’re so happy to get back to DFAC and continue to safely explore our creative passions and to be inspired by all of the incredible work that is created and/or displayed there. The key word in the sentence above, is of course, SAFELY.
We worked diligently after closing our doors on March 17th, to plan for the time that we could come back to the nurturing environment DFAC has always offered.
On June 1st, we opened our doors for the first time in nearly 11 weeks. We opened our Galleries with NEW Exhibits, we opened our Studio/Classrooms for Summer ART Academy Camps and Summer I Session ART Classes.
While we have our plans in place, and have had TREMENDOUS success with them, we will be counting on everyone who visits, to follow simple health and safety protocols as laid out by the CDC. Together, we know we will foster a safe, healthy and creative place for all of us to enjoy.
ALL spaces are governed by these protocols.
There is a lot of information here about the health & safety protocols we are putting in place to help keep everyone safe & healthy. Please take time to read all of it!
The overriding factor is, that DFAC at a minimum follows City, County and State guidelines. This means, that you will most likely know about changes in the same time frame that we do. We WILL keep this page updated, so please check back, if you have any concerns. : )
What we can tell you is what DFAC has been planning. When DFAC shutdown and cancelled 12 weeks of revenue generating classes, laid off staff and reduced skeleton crew salaries in March, we started to work on adjustments to classes so that when we were able to open, we would be ready. Below is a list of some of the steps that have been addressed:
– Classes have maximum attendance reduced to 9 students (8 for Summer Camps). This allows for 1 instructor (+ 1 assistant for Summer Camps) for a max total of 10.
– Studios are set up with individual tables/chairs following 6ft social distancing spacing
– Staff/Instructors/assistants wear masks
– Touchless thermometers at the main entrance and everyone (all ages) entering the building will be required to wear a mask (not provided by DFAC)
– Hand sanitizing at the main entrance and throughout the building
– CDC signage
– Studios have sinks/soap/water
– 6ft spacing reminders throughout the building on floors and stanchions
– Sanitizing of “high touch” areas regularly throughout the day
– Cleaning/Sanitizing between class sessions
– Nightly “deep cleans”
We want to do the best we can with keeping everyone Happy and Healthy at all times at DFAC .
Stay safe, healthy and creative!